Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Our Last Sea Day


Yesterday we arrived at Corfu! Neither one of us had ever been to Greece before and this part was beautiful! And we can add another UNESCO World Heritage Site to our belts!




Corfu Old Town, the Old and New Forts are all included in this recognition. Alan and I spent a very relaxed day exploring all three areas, and I had the requisite Baklava with a lovely iced coffee before returning to our ship.







Today is another very slow and relaxed day. The morning spent at the pool as the ship navigated through the Straits of Messina, at times Italy and Sicily are only 4 miles apart in this area. We are on our way back now, but this part of the journey down was in the wee hours of the morning last week.

As I sit on our balcony, we are just about to pass Stromboli, one of the three active volcanoes in Italy. So we have seen them all! But this one lies in the middle of Tyrrhenian Sea, all by itself!

Today is American Mother's Day. But this being a British ship, there is no mention, since British Mother's Day was in March. This helps me, since this is only my second Mother's Day without my own mother.....

There was a poolside BBQ for lunch and the rest of this lazy day lies ahead. Then the last formal evening.

I am certainly NOT ready for this trip to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment