Saturday, May 3, 2014

Livorno part 3



Got halfway to the turn off for the shuttle and thought I should look at the harbour. Crossed one bridge, saw some nice yachts, turned around to begin my second attempt to return to the ship....
Passed very few shops all day that were open, mainly some high end clothes shops. But one jewellery shop was open and had some nice pieces of Murano Glass in the window. So I stopped, made a purchase and had a long conversation with Maria Theresa about all sorts of things. Just as I was about to start heading to the ship, she told me about Putin's yacht that was in Livorno harbour for repairs. She even got it up on her computer screen to show me. So I had to turn around, return to the harbour, crossing 2 bridges this time. And I saw it! But it was no longer easy to see, it is cocooned in a place either for repair or to protect it from prying eyes (like mine!)

After a pleasant hour at the harbour with many local families and a craft fair, I decided it was time to begin my third attempt to return to the ship!

As I passed Maria Theresa's shop, I decided not to go in. But I did need to make one additional necessary stop before boarding the shuttle bus.
Finding a nice coffee shop, I made a courtesy purchase of cappuccino and cake in exchange for the use of their facilities and wifi. The wifi made me sit a bit longer than if it had not been there!

After all this delay and food, I was back on board by 2 and it was sunny! So the rest of the day was spent at the pool!
Alan came back about 6. He enjoyed his day out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment