Saturday, May 3, 2014

Livorno part 1


With the problems doing this blog on my ipad, I have  decided to break the story up, otherwise i cannot see what i have said. so frustrating...

Our first destination was Livorno, with shore excursions mainly to Pisa and Florence.   We are able to get to these lovely places easily and affordably, so I did not feel the need to go this time.   However, Alan wanted to retrace footsteps and take photos.  My suggestion that he go on his own caused him some concern, but I managed to convince him I would be ok and not regret being "left behind".  To put it more clearly, what I didn't spend was put toward my little flag charm!  

Alan left at 8:30 and was not expected back until 6pm.   I attended a great morning stretch class at the gym, enjoyed my very healthy breakfast, took my time getting ready and then caught the shuttle provided to take passengers to Livorno.  Ok, there is not a lot in Livorno!  



And  add to that this was May Day and a national holiday so most things were not open.  And that early in the morning, the streets were deserted too! Was this a wash out for me?  Not at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment