Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Just How Special am I?

Seriously, I feel as if I am the only American on board the Ventura! Although I entered all my relevant information on the cruise website, any time I had to show my passport - at Manchester airport, going through immigration at Genoa airport, when checking in at the departure hall, and again by the police just before taking that first step on board, there was a flurry of activity, and quite often shouts across the room in Italian!

To celebrate the fact that I am American, and seemingly unique in this talent, I bought myself my first Pandora charm. What else but an American flag!

We have spent the past 3 hours exploring a ship we already feel at home in. This is the sister ship to the Azura so the hugeness of it is more comforting than confusing. They are not identical twins however, and it has been fun comparing the differences. Travelling transatlantic through stormy seas allowed Alan and I to become intimately familiar with the Azura. Lets see how we feel at the end of this journey!

We have only seen Genoa on our transfer from the airport and from the deck... It looks congested with the beautiful old style buildings crowded out by modern buildings and highways. But it reads well and I am sure we would have seen a different side of this city if we'd had the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment